Sunday, December 09, 2007

New Project-itis

I've been working on a whole lot of other things instead of the alpaca mittens I started a while ago. Complicated Fair Isle knitting just isn't as relaxing in the evening after a draining day of work as it could be. For fun, I made the Yarn Harlot's "Unoriginal Hat," which was a nice fast knit and used up some of my stash. Yes, I didn't buy more yarn for it! I also started the Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole from "Scarf Style" this week, and while the instructions were unclear enough in spots that I had to frog one section 3 times before I understood what I was doing, it's actually going really well. I'm using more of my handspun, so yay! for not buying more wool! And I've taught myself a cool new technique, so that's excellent.

On the way home form work on Thursday I was bad though, and I bought more fleece to spin. Only two hanks of alpaca merino! That's not overly bad.

No comments: