Sunday, November 11, 2007

Knitting Keeps me Sane!

Well, as sane as I ever am. I always need something to do with my hands, whether it's spinning, knitting, or something else. I can't even just sit and watch TV--I need to be doing something productive. I don't know if it's a compulsion, but I guess I feel like it's a waste of time if I'm sitting down in front of a show and I'm not actually DOING anything. TV isn't enough of a draw most times. When I was a kid, I would read and watch TV at the same time! I remember my dad getting angry with me for wasting electricity because he thought I wasn't paying attention to the TV so it didn't need to be on, but then I told him exactly what was going on in the show I was watching while reading, and he left me alone.

My friend Coyote says that if she's awake and there's not a beer in her hand, someone better be paying her, and I guess that's kind of like how I feel about working with my hands. If I'm awake and I'm not creating, I better be earning some money to keep a roof over my head. Or having sex. I just catn' have sex and knit at the same time either.

No comments: